HP H120 Gaming Headphone:
The HP H120 is a wired, over-ear headphone model from the brand HP. It comes in a sleek black color and includes a microphone. However, it does not have a noise-canceling feature. This model is compatible with PCs, making it a suitable choice for various computing needs. Please note that the model number for this product is HP H120.
Review Problem Solutions with HP H120 Gaming Headphones:
- Lost Audio: This is often a connection or compatibility issue. If you’re using wired headphones, make sure they’re plugged in and check to see if your PC or desktop recognizes them. You can do an audio test to ensure the sound comes through the headphones and not your device. If you still have issues, you might need to check the audio driver and ensure it’s current.
- Microphone Not Working: Set the microphone as the default device so that your computer or device puts audio out to your HP H120 gaming headphone and not your default speakers.
- Update Audio Drivers: Especially for USB headphones and even Bluetooth headphones. This might take some time if you need to re-install your driver, but it could fix the issue if it is outdated or not supporting your gaming headset.
- Hardware Issues: Troubleshoot the actual hardware, and try swapping out cables or making sure you have the right connection for double plugs.
- Cables and Connections: If you spend many hours a week gaming and suddenly find your HP H120 gaming headphones not working, you might have issues due to overuse. The cables that come with wired headsets can wear down over time and might require changing.