Tapo C-200 Home Security CCTV Camera Rate:
This Tapo C200 an affordable CCTV Camera Rate is a security camera with 1080p video. It has motion detection, sending alerts when movement is detected. The camera provides a night view up to 30 ft and two-way audio communication. It supports local storage of up to 128 GB on a microSD card and includes a privacy mode that stops recording.
CCTV Camera Rate:
The camera offers an advanced night view up to 30 ft, allowing you to monitor your home while you sleep without disturbing others. This is an Affordable CCTV Camera Rate of Tapo Camera Price. This CCTV Camera rate is Only 108 A.E.D.
Tapo C-200 Specifications:
|1080p Full HD
|F/NO: 2.4; Focal Length: 4mm
|850 nm IR LED up to 30 ft
|360° horizontal, 114° vertical
|128-bit AES encryption with SSL/TLS
|11Mbps(802.11b), 54Mbps(802.11g), 150Mbps(802.11n)
|FCC, IC, CE, NCC
|iOS 10+, Android 5.0+
|3 Meter Power Cable
|Tapo Pan/Tilt Home Security Wi-Fi Camera, Power Adapter, Quick Start Guide, Mounting Screws, Mounting Plate, Camera Base
|100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.3A
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
|3.4 x 3.3 x 4.6 in. (86.6 x 85 x 117.7 mm)
|Audio Input & Output:
|Built-in microphone and speaker
Faqs Tapo C200:
- How to install and configure the TP-Link Tapo C200:
- Download the Tapo app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and log in with your TP-Link ID. If you don’t have an account, create one first.
- Follow the app instructions to complete the setup.
- Mounting the camera: Some users have had trouble mounting the camera in a way that gives them a good view with the pan/tilt feature. One possible solution is to use a different mounting bracket that allows you to hang the camera upside down on a wall.
- SD card issues: Some users have reported that the camera says the SD card is corrupt and needs to be formatted, even though the card has already been formatted by another device. One possible solution is to format the SD card using the Tapo app on the first mobile device that connects to the camera.
- Deleting video clips: Some users have found it difficult to delete individual video clips from the SD card. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a specific solution to this problem.
- Connection issues: Sometimes, the camera loses its connection to the network and needs to be restarted to reconnect. One possible solution is to turn off advanced settings on your router such as Firewall, AP Isolation, Client Isolation, MAC filtering, or Access Control. Then, restart both the router and the camera.
- Permanent red LED: Some users have reported a problem with a permanent red LED. One possible solution is to make sure you reset your Tapo camera correctly: With the camera turned on, press the reset button for 5 seconds and see if the camera responds to the reset.
- What if I don’t have a TP-Link ID?
You can create one through the Tapo app.
- What if the camera fails to connect to my network during setup?
Make sure your network is working properly and that you’ve entered the correct network password in the Tapo app.
- How can I adjust the video quality of my camera?
You can adjust the video resolution of your Tapo Camera through the settings in the Tapo app.